Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Red Velvet Pancakes: My new favorite Breakfast!


I am always at IHOP.  I just love pancakes and they have a very delicious spread. Well I visited one day and was surprised when they had Red Velvet Pancakes.  I really love anything Red velvet and was so intrigued when I sat down to a nice warm stack. They were so delicious I had to tell everyone.  Well, I decided that I needed to have them whenever I wanted them so…I decided to come up with my own recipe for Red velvet Pancakes.

My entire family loved them and I ended up making them every Sunday for Breakfast…with bacon of course!

Here is my special recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes.


Ingredients


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

½ cup white sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1/4 cup milk

1 cup buttermilk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar

½ oz of red food coloring

1/4 cup melted butter



Directions

Whisk the flour, white sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt together in a bowl until evenly blended; set aside. Beat the eggs in a separate mixing bowl until smooth. Whisk in 1/4 cup milk with the buttermilk. Then whisk in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, vinegar, and food coloring. Stir in the flour mixture in thirds until moistened. Drizzle in the melted butter, and stir until the butter has been blended into the mixture.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers