Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cookies! Cookies! Cookies!

I love to bake cookies.
Cookies have always had the power to make me feel better.
There is nothing like a warm chocolate chip cookie and a cold glass of milk.
Everyone loves cakes and pies.  I can bake a fabulous cake. It can be the most delicious cake that I have ever made…there will be some left over at the end. 
When I make cookies, there are barely any cookies left. I always have to try one before I set them out for everyone else or I know I will never get one. 
I always make lots of cookies for the holidays. You can always catch me in the kitchen baking whenever the holidays come around.  I love to make cakes, cupcakes, pies and cobbler. 
Cookies are the dessert that everyone remembers. 
My kids love it when I bake and I love it when they watch me make cookies.  They tend to be my guinea pigs when it comes to new recipes.  It reminds me when I was little and tasting my mother’s new recipes.  Eventually she left all the baking to us and we loved it. 
I prefer to give cookies as gifts for Christmas.  I always buy up a lot of those cookie tins and spend a whole day baking and making cookies for my co-workers, my husband’s co-workers, family and friends. They always seemed to appreciate those gifts more than store bought ones.
My aunt gave me the idea.  She used to send us tins of cookies in the mail.  We could not wait to get them.  I was thinking maybe this year I would send some cookies back to her.  Let her know that I have continued the tradition of delicious cookie making. 
I know that it takes me forever to do all this baking, but I love to do it.  When my family eats my food it makes me happy.  When I can make them things that they love it makes me happy. 
I understand why my mother cooked so much.  We never had very much, but she has always been able to make us delicious food from whatever she found in the kitchen.
I want to be able to do that with my kids. 
I do it by making them cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers