Thursday, December 15, 2011

What would I do without Butter!


I was watching the news the other day and heard that there was a butter shortage. 

I sat at attention and turned the story up.  I was wondering if all the baking I had been doing the past two months (and maybe Paula Dean) had single handedly rid the country of butter. 

For the past couple of months I have transformed into a pastry chef.  I have been making and baking cookies, cakes, pies and cupcakes until my fingers hurt.  I have used more butter in the past two months than I have in my lifetime. 

Most of my recipes call for at least 2 sticks of butter.  I know.  It sounds fattening, but it is so delicious.

But still I am not done.

I could not help but to think that I have more cookies to bake and red velvet cupcakes to make for my sister. I knew I should have stocked up the last time I was at the store. 

They were selling it for 59 cents. 

I knew I should have bought more.

I thought about the kids who were preparing to make gingerbread houses and now they have no butter.  All the pies and cookies that will go unmade.  All the rolls and biscuits that will go unbuttered. 

I had a moment of panic for a second. 

Then I listened to the story further and realized they were talking about a butter shortage in Norway.

Whew!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers